Why climat.CarbonA single, transparent, voluntary carbon market on Climat - a climate-friendly blockchain platform enables every company to move towards net zero by buying carbon credits which fund sustainability linked projects and contribute to reducing carbon emissions and various UN-SDGs depending on the type of credit. We aim to create the world’s largest, most transparent carbon market on the back of a public blockchain. Contact Us
How climat.Carbon works
- Project developers: Self-service platform to apply for a carbon credit project registration. They would register onto the platform and request that carbon credits be created for their project. Then, a verifier who is already on the blockchain network would be chosen.
- Verifiers: View all projects self-registered on. Verifiers would request all information to validate the project.
- Registration: Project registered on a globally accepted registry.
- Tokenization on Blockchain: Carbon credits authorized would be tokenized and be available as VCOTs. A standard token contract would be authorized by the verifier enabling the project developers to mint the tokens.
- Buyer: Interested buyers can purchase the tokens from the project developers. The purchased tokens can be retired to offset the carbon or resold to other buyers in the market.
- Trade: Marketplace to trade the token 24/7. These tokens can be traded/Re-sold on the Climat carbon credit marketplace.
- Retirement: Offset the carbon footprints and step towards net zero journey. Organizations can purchase the VCOTs (carbon credit tokens) and retire them to offset their carbon emission and become Net zero.
Who is it for?
Organizations moving towards net-zero1. Track impact of carbon credits.
2. Single liquidity pool for VCOT increases re-sale potential.
3. Impact NFTs allows buyers to precisely choose the type of impact that they wish to create.
Project Developers (Carbon Credit Issuers)1. Large liquidity leads to better price discovery and increased opportunity to sell credits at the best price.
2. Ability to separate impact with CO2 sequestration allows project developers to attract greater value for their sustainable projects.
Verifiers1. Greater number of projects to validate since the Climat platform allows any project to register and seek to issue credits.
2. Offer additional products such as Carbon price data feeds to other agencies.
1Traceability and transparency Blockchain can provide much need traceability during the entire lifecycle of a credit, hence building trust with buyers and other stakeholders. Blockchain can ensure that no double-counting can occur for a credit.
2Global, 24/7 market, single liquidity pool A public Blockchain can create a global, 24/7 market for credits from multiple registries, hence creating a single liquidity pool for all types of buyers. Retail investors can also buy into these credits through a blockchain wallet.
3Open platform to increase originations The entire lifecycle, from collecting issuance data, verification, issuance, trade, settlement, retirement can be captured on Blockchain with no paperwork at any point.
4Reduced manual process Verification entities should be able to track a project’s impact at regular intervals, not just at the end. A digital process could lower issuance costs, shorten payment terms, accelerate credit issuance and cash flow for project developers, allow credits to be traced, and improve the credibility of corporate claims related to the use of offsets.
5Unfragmented marketplace The current carbon credit market is highly fragmented, with multiple standards and registries. We aim to build a voluntary carbon market that is large, transparent, verifiable, and environmentally robust.
6Carbon derivatives Based on the carbon credits traded and their prices, a vibrant futures market can be created for this asset, similar to the compliance market.
7Carbon project lending Once issuance data is digitally recorded, potential lenders can provide financing for projects, with future credits as collateral.
8Colored credits Depending on the type of the project, the blockchain based carbon tokens can be “colored” as Blue carbon/green carbon.
9Project issuance offerings Insurance to future credits can be an additional revenue stream.