A single, transparent, voluntary carbon market on Climat - a climate-friendly blockchain platform enables every company to move towards net zero by buying carbon credits which fund sustainability linked projects and contribute to reducing carbon emissions and various UN-SDGs depending on the type of credit. We aim to create the world’s largest, most transparent carbon market on the back of a public blockchain.
How Climat.Carbon works?
- Project developers: Self-service platform to apply for a carbon credit project registration. They would register onto the platform and request that carbon credits be created for their project. Then, a verifier who is already on the blockchain network would be chosen.
- Verifiers: View all projects self-registered on. Verifiers would request all information to validate the project.
- Registration: Project registered on a globally accepted registry.
- Tokenization on Blockchain: Carbon credits authorized would be tokenized and be available as VCOTs. A standard token contract would be authorized by the verifier enabling the project developers to mint the tokens.
- Buyer: Interested buyers can purchase the tokens from the project developers. The purchased tokens can be retired to offset the carbon or resold to other buyers in the market.
- Trade: Marketplace to trade the token 24/7. These tokens can be traded/Re-sold on the Climat carbon credit marketplace.
- Retirement: Offset the carbon footprints and step towards net zero journey. Organizations can purchase the VCOTs (carbon credit tokens) and retire them to offset their carbon emission and become Net zero.
Who is it for?
1. Traceability and transparency Blockchain can provide much need traceability during the entire lifecycle of a credit, hence building trust with buyers and other stakeholders. Blockchain can ensure that no double-counting can occur for a credit.
2. Global, 24/7 market, single liquidity pool A public Blockchain can create a global, 24/7 market for credits from multiple registries, hence creating a single liquidity pool for all types of buyers. Retail investors can also buy into these credits through a blockchain wallet.
3. Open platform to increase originations The entire lifecycle, from collecting issuance data, verification, issuance, trade, settlement, retirement can be captured on Blockchain with no paperwork at any point.
4. Reduced manual process Verification entities should be able to track a project’s impact at regular intervals, not just at the end. A digital process could lower issuance costs, shorten payment terms, accelerate credit issuance and cash flow for project developers, allow credits to be traced, and improve the credibility of corporate claims related to the use of offsets.
5. Unfragmented marketplace The current carbon credit market is highly fragmented, with multiple standards and registries. We aim to build a voluntary carbon market that is large, transparent, verifiable, and environmentally robust.
6. Carbon derivatives Based on the carbon credits traded and their prices, a vibrant futures market can be created for this asset, similar to the compliance market.
7. Carbon project lending Once issuance data is digitally recorded, potential lenders can provide financing for projects, with future credits as collateral.
8. Colored credits Depending on the type of the project, the blockchain based carbon tokens can be “colored” as Blue carbon/green carbon.
9. Project issuance offerings Insurance to future credits can be an additional revenue stream.
For any enquires related to pricing
For any enquires related to pricing